Carpenter role with a difference!
GREENbilt Homes Ltd. (www.greenbilthomes.ca) is an award-winning 10-year old Toronto-based construction company specializing in “Green” sustainable custom homes. These high-performance buildings demand a high level of craftsmanship. The skills and knowledge from “building green” -- which includes leading edge energy efficiency, redundancy in energy systems, innovations in the construction of the building envelope, and building resiliency against extreme weather –will position you for the future. GREENbilt is experiencing a surge in demand resulting in the need for a "CAN DO" Carpenter.
- General carpentry from rough to finish
- Follow specifications and schedules on job site(s) for custom residential construction
- Learn and master processes specific to sustainable materials and features
- Collaborative problem solving
- Punctual and efficient with time
- Attention to detail
- Comply with safety requirements throughout job site
- Experience in other trades is an asset.
- Experienced, working career carpenter with demonstrated experience in all aspects of professional carpentry
- 5 years of progressive construction experience, ideally under some experienced supervision
- Strong demonstrated work ethic and ability to efficiently produce high quality carpentry
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others including problem solving and negotiation skills
- Organizational and time management skills including the use of email, text, and calls on cell phone
- Willingness to work throughout Toronto
- Valid driver's license and own vehicle.
- Knowledge of environment and green technologies an asset
- A passion to improve and learn new techniques
GREENbilt Homes is a progressive employer that treats everyone as an important member of the team, with reasonable consideration for personal circumstances and unique needs. GREENbilt is run by building and real estate professionals who passionate about building sustainability and are looking for someone who shares their passion. President Mike Manning is a Master Carpenter with more than 30 years of experience, and has a 3-year diploma in Architectural Technology. Prior to starting GREENbilt, he ran a conventional construction home-building company called Refined Renovations for 15 years. Prior to that he was a foreman for PCL. He is a certified Passive House Builder who is committed to continual R&D to keep the company at the leading edge of sustainable building.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28-35.00 per hour based on skills and experience
In your email please answer the following:
- How many years of Carpentry experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: own vehicle.?
- Are you in Toronto, ON?
- Do you speak fluent English?